Yellow and black: How a CD led to star defender’s Tigers decision

EILISH Sheerin’s debut season has been simply remarkable.

Plucked from AFL Sydney side Inner West Magpies (and Newtown Breakaways prior to that), the 30-year-old Sheerin has been named in the All-Australian squad and has been a key part of Richmond’s surge up the ladder.

Urgent Fix to Counteract Skills Crisis

The Albanese government is shifting the focus of visa applications to counteract the shortage of health, education and aged care skilled workers. Prior to the pandemic, the Morrison government capped total migration intake at 160,000 per year, and when COVID-19 hit, it caused 600,000 temporary visa holders to depart the country, leaving large gaps across […]

Migration Program 2022

Out of a total 160,000 places in 2022-23, the Skilled stream visas will have 109,000 (70%). Family Stream visas will compose the remaining 30%, whilst the humanitarian program maintains a ceiling figure of 13,750. Skilled Stream Planning levels     Visa stream 2022-23 2021-22 Employer sponsored 30,000 22,000 Skilled Independent 16,652 6,500 State and Territory […]

Changes for International Students

dawn, graduates, throwing hats-1840298.jpg

The Federal government has announced changes to visa settings, to help provide much needed flexibility for international students set to return to Australia. This in conjunction with a $37 million financial support package is Intended to help boost the rapid return of international students. The new settings will extend measures to protect the post-study work […]

Changes to Short-term Skilled Occupation List

surgery, hospital, medical professionals-1807541.jpg

Overview of Changes Eligible skilled visa holders must already be in Australia Predominantly working in hospitality, health and regional areas. Are existing 482 visa holders in the “short term” stream and legacy 457 visa holders who no-longer meet age requirements. 489, 491 and 494 visa holders will receive extensions to current/expired visas to assisting with […]

Checklists For Travel

The Department of Home Affairs have released the following checklist to support travellers coming to and from Australia. The checklists have been provided in various languages for your convenience. Preparing to leave Australia Preparing to travel to Australia from Overseas There is also information on COVID-19 testing, treatment and vaccinations.

New Border Arrangements Announced

The Federal Government has announced that additional changes to Australia’s international border arrangements will be coming into effect on December 1. Fully vaccinated Australian citizens, permanent residents and eligible visa holders can travel to and from Australia without needing to apply for a travel exemption. This is in addition to the exemptions outlined by the […]

New trade deal could open the door for British workers to fill skills gap

Australian Trade Minister Dan Tehan is pursuing a new trade deal with London that could see British migrants plug an impending skills gap that could undermine the recovery of the Australian economy from the coronavirus pandemic. A new free-trade agreement is due to be finalised imminently, making it easier for people to live and work […]

New South Wales to open to international travel

New South Wales will become the first state in the country to open its borders to fully vaccinated travellers from overseas from November 1 without the need for hotel quarantine. The move comes with the state on the brink of hitting the 80% double dose vaccination rate, well ahead of the rest of Australia, prompting […]