If you are in a relationship with an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen, you may be eligible to apply for a temporary or permanent visa that allows you to live and work in Australia.
Partner Visa eligibility
You may be eligible if you and your Australian partner:
- are engaged to be married, or
- are married, or
- are in a de facto relationship, which has existed for at least 12 months, or
- are in a de facto relationship, and have registered your relationship with the relevant State or Territory authority.
Partner Visa options
Visa options include:
- Subclass 300 Prospective Marriage visa – if you intend to marry an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Subclass 820/801 Partner visa – if you are married to, or in a de facto relationship with, an Australian citizen or permanent resident and are in Australia
- Subclass 309/100 Partner visa – if you are married to, or in a de facto relationship with, an Australian citizen or permanent resident and are outside Australia
- Subclass 461 New Zealand Citizen Family Relationship – if you are married to, or in a de facto relationship with, an eligible New Zealand citizen
Request a consultation
The migration process can seem daunting and complex, whether you are applying personally or providing sponsorship as a large corporation.
If you have any questions or are unsure of eligibility requirements, just fill out your details below to request a consultation.